Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Field Report! Anaconda on Adult Land in Pulaski, PA - Spring 2015

Doc here, a man who some say wears a turban only when he drinks Turkish tea, with a Field Report from regular contributor to The Journal, Anaconda. 

Anaconda visited Adult Land in Pulaski, PA after speaking with the Good Doctor in Hartford, and has filed this report.  

Great intel!   Take it away Anaconda!

***

Doc,

A few weeks back when we chatted at the Art Cinema Mardi Gras Party, I had mentioned how disappointed I was that Summit St. News in Warren couldn't get their act together an re-open the theater (ed. note: good news on that front coming soon). 

I had all but given up on them, and you agreed that I shouldn't hold out much hope for that. A loss for sure since I basically drive right by it when I am on my trips to OH. You mentioned an alternative another theater just over the border into PA from Youngstown, OH, not very far off my normal route back and forth from OH. 

Well, I found myself on that very path last week and decided to take your advice and check it out. Doc, you always come through!! I stopped into Adult Land in Pulaski, PA just to check it out, not expecting much since the timing was bad (2:30PM on a Thursday). And while the only action I saw was among the confused group, the place has a lot of promise!! 

The layout is a little bit of a hybrid between BNA and Annabelle's (for any of your readers who have been to both places). The theater is in one huge room, much longer than it is wide, but still wide enough to get some very wide couches in. There are many leather couches both along the walls as well as coming out from the walls and across the room. The couches function not only as seating, but also serve to break the large room into several "nooks." 

As you walk into the theater, the first large TV on the wall to your right is showing gay videos, and there are 3 more showing straight videos, one on each side wall, and the big one on the back wall. The "main" portion is as far into the theater room as you can go, and the screen is very large, at least 50% bigger than the other 3 screens, maybe even 2x. I sat for a while watching one of the movies, but really just long enough to soak up the details to give a good report since I knew I wasn't going to be able to stick around long enough into the evening to witness/participate in anything good. 

I stopped and chatted to the very nice guy at the desk. He said that they do get heavy couples traffic, but that it is basically random. He never knows when they are coming in and there's no predicting it. Even to the point that he wouldn't even say that the weekends are always the busiest times. I am sure I'll be heading back out that way in the not too distant future and I really hope I can coordinate my schedule to get back to that place at a time when the likelihood of finding some couples play is a bit higher. I'll definitely be going back and will let you know how it goes.

One last note though... in the database, you have the address listed as 4226 Benjamin Franklin Parkway. That did not take me to the right spot. When I pulled into the lot, the number on the building is 1311 (ed. note: Corrected in the dB).

Anaconda

***

Doc here again...Many thank to Anaconda for the detailed Field Report!  And reports of Summit Street News' death may be been very premature. Stay tuned...

Thanks,
Doc